- Launch Date: Set for September 20 in India
- Inspiration: Evokes the design aesthetics of the RS 660
- Key Features: Dual LED headlamps, digital instrument console with Bluetooth, 3-stage traction control, ABS
- Power Unit: 457cc twin-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, producing 47 BHP
- Gearbox: 6-speed transmission
- Unique Attributes: Ride-by-wire system, optional quick shifter, adjustable suspension
The Aprilia RS 457, having already made a splash in the global scene earlier this month, is set to take the Indian market by storm. Exhibiting design cues reminiscent of the RS 660, the bike showcases a blend of sophistication and sportiness. Its sleek profile, accentuated by dual LED headlamps and a compact visor, is complemented by clip-on handlebars and a distinct underbelly exhaust. A nod to modernity, the bike's digital console ensures riders are connected and in control.
Under the hood, the RS 457 boasts a robust 457cc twin-cylinder engine, with a power output that rivals the likes of the KTM RC 390. Its 6-speed gearbox promises a seamless riding experience. Catering to the modern rider, the bike is equipped with a cutting-edge ride-by-wire system, with the added luxury of an optional quick shifter.
Suspension and Braking
Focused on performance and precision, the RS 457 is fitted with an adjustable upside-down front fork and a rear mono-shock. Its braking prowess is evident with disc brakes adorning both wheels, ensuring safety and control.
Key Highlights & Features
- Design Resemblance: The RS 457's aggressive styling, reminiscent of the Ducati Streetfighter V4, is evident in its sharp bodywork lines and LED lighting.
- Unveiling Event: Aprilia made a statement with the unveiling at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli, with MotoGP sensations like Maverick Viñales in attendance.
- Adjustable Suspension: The 41mm fork and rear monoshock, both fully adjustable, promise a ride tailored to one's preference.
- Ride Modes: Three distinct modes - Rain, Eco, and Sport - offer varied riding experiences, modulating power delivery and traction control without compromising on peak horsepower.
- Price Speculation: Though official figures are yet to be released, the price is anticipated to hover between $6,500 and $7,500 in the U.S., positioning it as a premium offering in the lightweight category.
Aprilia's RS 457 is more than just a bike; it's a statement. It exemplifies the brand's commitment to merging top-tier performance with unrivaled aesthetics. This lightweight sport bike is set to redefine standards, offering a premium experience in a segment typically seen as "budget-friendly." The question remains: Will the bike's performance match its striking looks and features? Only time will tell, but for now, the RS 457 stands as a testament to Aprilia's ambition and innovation.